"I am yours and you are mine"

I hear this song all the time. Every time I get in the car. At my huddle.  I wake with it going through my head.


You call me out upon the waters. The great unknown. My feet may fail.
And there I find you in the Mystery. In Oceans deep my faith will stand.

And I will call upon your name
And keep my eyes above the waves.
When oceans rise my soul will rest in your embrace.
For I am yours- and you are mine.

Your grace abounds in deepest waters. Your sovereign hands will be my guide.
My feet may fail, when fear surrounds me.

You never fail and you won't stop now.


Do you remember the first time you understood the brokenness of this world? A death? A loss? A disease? How it knocks you to your knees and breaks your heart?

I never understood how "God could let that happen"- in those situations- the broken ones.
After I had Emmaus I realized that God created man to be without sin. To live in community with him. And man chose otherwise. And since that choice God has been chasing us, fighting for us.

Finally God came as a man- Jesus- to forgive sin. God himself had to be the sacrifice.  No dove or Lamb or burnt offering would cover it- only God could.  And he didn't stay dead. Because death is no match for God.

So I guess what I really want to say is that God is with you. He is alive and moving. He is with you in the hard places. In the really dark sad places- he is broken hearted with you. In the Joy he celebrates too.  He is there because he is Alive.

So on this Resurrection Day- know he is near his people.
He is alive. He is Risen.
And for that truth- I am thankful!

Happy Easter.
Photobucket

Comments

  1. I think Sean and I are going to use that song for our first dance. It really just kinda encompasses everything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts