Lent

I thought about giving up something for Lent. But then couldn't choose what I should give up. I wanted it to be something meaningful. Something to improve my relationship with God, or others. I never did decide on anything. However, the more I thought about Lent. The More I realized it is a time to prepare our hearts for death and resurrection.

I have been so overwhelmed by the reality of this life.
The sickeness.
The death.
The injustice.
The brokenhearted.

There are so many that are hurting. So many wrong things that need to be made right.
So this Lent- I am thinking about how I can stand with people in hard places. How I can be a beacon of hope in the darkest corners.
How I can be the truth- The truth that God designed this world to be a perfect place. And because he wanted a relationship with Man he allowed free will. And us as humans messed that up. We choose Sin, we choose a life away from God.  And that allowed brokenness to enter the world.

But here is the good news. The battle has been won. Christ came. He died. And defeated death by rising again.
And he is returning. And when he does. Every tear will be wiped away. All sickness will End. And even Death will be undone.
And that is good news.
But in the meantime- I plan to try to live out Isaiah 61. To stand with those who need support. To be a beacon of home.

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts