silence

I feel that my blog silence is deafening. I am sad that I haven't blogged about Halloween and how my girls were little penguins. AND SO CUTE. Or Thanksgiving- which I worked,  but we still did "Steaksgiving" with my family. Or Christmas even. Emmaus ended up in the ER in the morning due to respiratory distress- no worries she got to come home and enjoy a very sick kinda lame Christmas- that was so laid back and exactly the type of rest we needed. (We didn't even ever put our tree up) She got two gifts- she loved both. Shiloh got zero gifts (from us at least) cause...well cause she was 4 months old and  didn't know the difference- but we loved her well, snuggled her and that was more than enough for her!

I have been silent. And I am not sure why.

       Today while driving down the road I started tearing up. Overwhelmed with the blessings we have been given. In awe of how awesome our big girl is doing.  She remains seizure free. She is learning, and growing, and understanding more and more each day. She has WAY too many opinions. She is saying more words. As of January 1 she is only on one seizure med.  And there is a huge difference in her demeanor. We are lucky. And we are thankful. We will never be "out of the woods" with TS, and she still has many delays and much progress to be made, but we are so thrilled she is doing so well.
Then there is Shiloh. I cannot even tell you the Joy of getting to parent her. The rest I find in having a "typical" kid. The ease of not fearing seizures, or illness. Shiloh is smart and attentive, she  is concerned about
those around her- she seeks out Emmaus- tries to engage with her. It is the sweetest thing. She is a funny baby. She is an old soul.
I feel so lucky to have them. They are so very different- and so much fun. This hasn't been an easy transition, but I feel so thankful to have both of them.
I am thankful for a healthy 2013, a healthy birth, healthy baby, and Emmaus who has been (mostly) healthy. We have had every cold, strep throat, stomach bug (and dan has been sick about 100000 times) But we truly overall have been healthy. Nothing major.   And to that I let out a slow exhale and hope the same for 2014.

Photobucket

Comments

  1. I love your blog. It has been very inspiring especially when I was pregnant. I took your silence as "living" too busy to blog and that was a good thing. My son also has TS we have been beyond blessed by his heath thus far. Im hoping 2014 is just a great. Keep writing.. and God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts