Life Lessons Learned. Slowly

Every day I learn something new. My oldest, oh how she challenges me, as I am sure my youngest will too. I am learning life lessons. Slowly. But surely.
I am learning I must take care of myself- To get good rest, remember to eat- (and not just junk), remember to drink- (and not just coffee) And workout- (so I can be strong, healthy,well). All so I can care for my little girls, my husband, family and friends in return.

I am learning to be patient. To speak quietly, directly, and have high expectations, as well as a large amount of grace for Emmaus.
I am learning that my grief for her diagnosis comes in waves. It comes at unexpected times. And usually in those situations the Lord speaks to me quietly, directly, and with lots of grace.
I am learning to pray with my girls. To start the day with prayer, to model worship, to pray when we part, to pray when I am frustrated, or they are frustrated (or fussy-for Shiloh).
I am learning that "Special Needs" or not, there are expectations, and responsibilities that I need to have for Emmaus.


I am learning that babies get bored & have strong opinions. (Two things Emmaus never did as a baby)
I am learning that babies can be sleep trained. (Thank you sweet Jesus)
I am enjoying (and not taking for granted) the milestones being hit, (without hours and hours of practice).
I am enjoying the sweet kisses, that at only 5 months Shiloh "knows" me, and prefers me.


I am enjoying the budding sisterhood.
The lessons that will be learned and taught between the two of them.
The giggles that now go back and forth.
The Oh-So-Wet kisses they exchange.
I even love that Shiloh wanted Emmaus' attention the other day and Emmaus squealed in a not so kind way and gave her a harsh little wave- signaling "not right now little sister".  

Lots of lessons being learned around here.

 Photobucket

Comments

  1. You were made for this life…so imperfectly perfectly. And I appreciate your honest and reality along the way. I'm so thankful for these glimpses and your story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts